The stinging nettle is a plant that is used for a number of things. It is used to cure different types of diseases such as heart diseases, prostate, high blood pressure and cures skin diseases. Stinging nettle can be used as a soup, tea, tablets and cures skin diseases. Stinging nettle can be used as a soup, tea, pills and can be used a chicken and creamy soup.
Below is a recipe of how to prepare the chicken and creamy soup.
- 3 slices of bacon (neatly sliced)
- 1 chicken breast (sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic(neatly sliced)
- 1 cup of Stinging nettle leaves
- Quarter of red pepper diced
- 1 cup of cream
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon seasoning (use a season of your choice)
- 1 cup cheese
- 1 teaspoon of fresh parsley
The Cooking Method
- Preheat stove and place a large pan.
- Add bacon and fry until golden brown and then remove it.
- Put the chicken in the bacon fat until it is cooked then remove from the pan.
- Add garlic and cook for 3 minutes.
- Put nettles and red pepper and cook until edible.
- Add cream, chicken stock and season and let it boil.
- Lower heat and add cheese. Stir until it’s thick
- Return chicken and bacon into pan and stir until it is ready to serve.
The preparation and serving times are both 15 minutes it requires 30 minutes to prepare and cook the creamy and chicken nettle. One can also add other ingredients such as spinach to make it more nutritious.
This creamy chicken nettle like the stinging nettle can cure various type of diseases as it has the same nutritional values.
However if You Are Vegetarian you Can Still Enjoy the Nettle Soup from the Recipe Below: Ingredients
- About 8 cups of stinging nettle, leaves and stems separated into two piles
- 1 liter of stock (vegetable works too)
- 2 large potatoes (yellow or Yukon gold), diced
- 3 shallots, diced, or 1 onion
- 1 cup diced pancetta (or 4 strips bacon)
- 4 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon roasted garlic
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons of either Olive oil/lard/ghee
- Red pepper flakes
- Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Separate your stinging nettle into stems and leaves.
- In a heavy-bottomed pot or French oven on medium heat, slowly render your pancetta, allowing most of the fat to melt.
- Add your cooking fat of choice (olive oil/lard/ghee) and the shallots.
- Once the shallots turn translucent, add the diced potatoes and a pinch of salt, cook until starting to crisp. Do not let the shallots burn.
- Add the fresh garlic and allow it to become fragrant, about 60 seconds.
- Add the roasted garlic, chopped walnuts, red pepper flakes (to taste), and chopped stinging nettle stems. Continue to cook, stirring, for another minute or two.
The stinging nettle is used to prepare a number of things such as the creamy and chicken soup, tea, medicine. The nettle is a natural l product that has no side effects.